Metropolitan Ministries provides practical services for disadvantaged communities and families in Tampa Bay.
Metropolitan Ministries provides food, housing programs, and education services to the area and is one of the largest nonprofit organizations in Florida. In 2019, Metropolitan Ministries had over 29,000+ volunteers who helped prepare 2 million meals for homeless and low-income families, an 8.9% increase in families since 2018.
Heavy competition for holiday donation dollars.
Holiday donations are essential. Over half of the total annual donations are given in the last three months of the year. Metro’s biggest challenge was encouraging donors to choose them over other nonprofits. They needed a holiday campaign that spoke to their audience, drove immediate action, and could adapt and be agile.
Story-driven messaging was the key.
To overhaul messaging, we visited the massive Metropolitan Ministries campus and met with volunteers and staff members. We listened to heart-wrenching stories of the families Metro serves and discovered our campaign needed to emphasize the following:
- 100% local: Metropolitan Ministries is a local nonprofit organization in the Tampa Bay area
- Community impact: Each and every donation helps your local community
- Real stories: Real families are helped by Metro every day
Designing a campaign with a cross-channel approach.
We rolled out the campaign with a cross-channel approach, engaging donors on all fronts and emphasizing specific needs when they arose. This approach included:
- Retargeting: re-engaging prospective donors on Facebook and other platforms with emotional messaging
- Contextual email marketing: emails providing real stories and real-time demands, like a shortage of Christmas hams
- Optimized donation landing page: the new landing page defaulted to a one-time donation, instead of recurring
The results: the highest holiday donations ever!
- 10% Growth
Exceeded holiday giving goals by 10% in November and December
- $9:$1 ROAS
The ROAS for Facebook and Google ads was just over $9 in donations for every $1 spent